Feeling Powerful

Feeling Powerful
Watercolor Fashion Moment

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Blechhhhhh! to ...I Feel Better. Protection and Strength to You All.


 I feel compelled to write and put it out there on my blog for probably nobody to see. I left Twitter and can't post this there. Why did I leave Twitter? Because I got so very tired of the waiting for justice that just doesn't come. I felt strung along and along and along. I was tired of constantly being outraged at this or that. Being on Twitter, it was in my face all day long. Why is Marjorie Taylor Greene still in Congress? She is a vile and obscene human being; why on God's green Earth is she allowed to grace our revered halls of Congress? It's mind blowing. Mitch McConnell, the embodiment of evil grins gleefully how his only job is stop everything President Biden wants to do. It's all so damn sad and terrifying.

What happened to the Greatest Generation mentality? Why don't we care about our country and the greater good of all? It's all me, me, me. My rights. My, my, my...

We lost the "We."

What a strange time in history. I do think we are all "battle" weary. This is a battle, a battle against COVID, a battle against false information, a battle for normalcy, decency, goodness, democracy and simply, a battle of good vs. evil.  Good vs. Evil. 

Evil lurks subtly and loudly. We are getting hit in all directions and we don't even know it. From the faux patriots flying their flags off their Ram Trucks proudly displaying their white supremacy, to the cyber attacks, misinformation articles attacking our brains and prompting those readers to act in ways they never have before in their lives (ex. Jan. 6th), and then there is the Havana Syndrome where our diplomats are getting attacked with illness. 

It's a new war. There aren't soldiers shooting at one another, it's a spy, stealth attack that gets us from within. 

When are we going to wake up, come together and unmind-eff ourselves? Evil forces have been so easily messing with our brains via social media; it has been to damn easy for them. There have been no reigns, no barriers to stop them. We have been lab rats and the evil experiment was a success beyond their wildest dreams! How else could a diaper wearing scum bag drug addled mobster become president? Smoke and mirrors made him look larger than life. They even made him up like Malibu Ken and posed him as this successful business man that cared about you. I'm angry. I'm angry that America was toyed with, I'm angry that he served his full goddamn term and a half million people died of the corona virus under his useless watch. 

I'm veering off course here. I'm just sad and weary. I think I'm not alone here. With the Delta variant looming, I'm bracing myself for the horrible anxiety and moments of sheer panic that this virus could kill me. I'm totally vaccinated but you never know. And that is the fear, the not knowing anything for sure.

I'm sad because my boys live far away due to being in the military and it is hard to stay connected in a real meaningful way. Texting and calling aren't enough for me. I need to see them in the flesh. I need to have dinner with them and if they get married and have kids, I want to hug their babies. So, there is that sadness.

Work is work. Unsatisfying, and at times miserable. Am I too old to change course? It feels like it is.

I stopped running due to my degenerative bone disease. Why accelerate the inevitable? So, running is done. I bike, yoga, swim and walk.

Boy, this is turning out to be a depressing diatribe. Sorry about that. I can be quite funny, but here you'd never know that. Ask my co-workers about a joke I tell in a thick Irish brogue; I don't know what makes them laugh more just listening to me talk in my brogue or the joke itself? I like to make people laugh. I hate to see other people be sad.

What the heck am I babbling about?

Well, I babbled here. Do I feel better now?

Sigh. I guess I do. The birds are singing out of my window and there is a sweet cool breeze blowing on this July Sunday. I have my Summer Breeze Pandora station playing and at this moment, this very moment I feel a bit peaceful. So, maybe...

I had to let it out. Spew on my pity pot and get it out. Then, now, it is time to get up and get out.

Do something. Get up and do something. Here's a Hawk Feather to you on this Full Buck Moon to offer you all protection and strength. My hubby found this biking and felt it was important to offer and share.



Okay. I'm out!

Peace.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment