Feeling Powerful

Feeling Powerful
Watercolor Fashion Moment

Monday, December 30, 2013

I LOVE my RED BAG! Sketch

Art Struck!

The New York Times repeats this same ad over and over again.  I don't mind because it is so striking and for whatever reason, I can relate.  It is an ad for a Louis Vuitton Red Bag with Michelle Williams in a stark black jacket, white blonde spiky hair clutching her prized possession, a lipstick Red LV oversized bag.  Her look is fierce with her flawless pale skin and bold matching red lips.

Whenever I see this ad, I pause and always say out loud how much I love this shot, this bag, the whole deal.  My husband said to me, "You should paint it."  Huh.  Yeah. I should.

So, I felt inspired.  I can't sketch or paint if my heart isn't in it, and I haven't felt moved to do so in a quite a while.  This moved me.  I found a lipstick red bag of my own, online on Black Friday.  It was my gift to me.  No. It isn't this particular bag and no. It isn't by Louis V.  It's by Nine West and I love it.  It is big, but not too much. It is the same awesome just right red color, with an interior of leopard print, which isn't usually my thing, but in this case, it works!!  I found a wallet at Target that matches perfectly.  I am in love with my pocketbook and want to clutch it, grip it like in this ad.  That's how much I love this bag.  Funny, when you find an object that you just identify with and truly love it.  It is so me, kind of feeling.  It's just a thing, but what is it about pocketbooks that make me go crazy like this?  It is kind of crazy to feel this way, but I do!

Anyway, art struck and I'm on my way to creating something cool.  I might do an Andy Warhol like look with bold color popping out...watercolor and ink?? or Arcrylic and ink??

Hmmmm.  We'll see...this is an act of love....for The Red Bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment